With an increasing demand for outdoor play areas to be operational all year round, more and more schools are now turning to artificial grass.
Whether its pathways, playgrounds, and gardens, or an entire football field, synthetic grass is a suitable, low maintenance option that looks great all year round.
But what exactly are the benefits of artificial grass for schools?
- Safety – Artificial grass protects children from impact falls, with a soft cushioned base that provides comfort and softness.
- Cleanliness – No mud, puddles or soil.
- Save money – Real grass requires a lot of time and money to maintain – artificial turf requires no fertilisers, lawnmowers or equipment to help with its upkeep. In fact it’s been reported that schools that have installed artificial grass see a return on investment in only ten years.
- Save time – With the fraction of the maintenance required by natural grass, time can be spent more productively on other projects
- Durable – Synthetic grass can last up to 10 years. It’s durable enough to withstand the footfall of popular play areas without leaving you with unsightly bald spots.
Fake turf in schools and nurseries can even be utilised to create patterns or designs in play areas, which are fun and unique to look at, rather than the same tired, worn-out old turf.
Many will overlook replacing natural turf as a solution to lawn care, but with its many benefits and realistic appearance, many schools are currently reaping the benefits of artificial grass.