Artificial grass for dogs
Instead of latex, Nomow’s dog-friendly Pet 28 grass product uses polyurethane as a backing. Polyurethane has a smooth surface which ensures materials and bacteria don’t cling to it.
We then combine this with ZeoZorb which is a natural material made from volcanic eruptions. Zeozorb’s natural properties help eliminate the stench of pet urine. It traps the ammonia particles in urine, which is what you can smell, and when it rains it releases the ammonia so that it easily washes away.
As a natural product, the ZeoZorb works over and over again so unlike chemicals and deodorizers, there’s no need to reapply frequently.
Grass durability that lasts
Dogs love to dig up natural grass, then delight in tracking mud and grass through the house. Large dogs will quickly and easily turn your once prized lawn into a mud bath only they will enjoy!
Artificial grass is a wonderful solution to providing your pet with a fantastic play space which retains its grassy, luscious look no matter how many times your dog rolls around and chases its tail. Your home will also benefit from less mud being traipsed in from the garden.
DIY dog grass installation
If you’re planning to take on the installation of your pet-friendly artificial grass yourself, here’s a seven step guide to follow:
- Remove any real grass together with 40mm of topsoil from the area you want the artificial grass to be.
- Install a geo-stabilising weed membrane.
- Create a sub-base to give your lawn that premium look. By spreading 35mm worth of graded Grano you’ll provide a great foundation for your lawn and good drainage. A good alternative to Grano is Sharp Sand.
- Add an edging solution. As dogs like to pull up artificial turf, it’s essential to edge your grass in place so that your dog can’t find an edge to pull up. There are lots of options such as steel edging strips and VertEdge which maintain a perfect edge, keeping them securely in place. For smaller dogs, you could just use fixing pins to secure your lawn edge. Finally, you could create a concrete frame and glue your turf into place.
- Here’s the most important part – add your ZeoZorb sub-base. You’ll need to spread 5kg/m2 on top of the Grano or Sharp Sand.
- Lay your artificial grass. We recommend our Pet 28 artificial grass as it has a slightly larger pile than you would normally use so that it can take an in-fill. It also has the more durable polyurethane backing.
- Sprinkle 5kg/m2 of ZeoZorb as an in-fill.
That’s it, an easy installation that delivers fantastic performance and offers excellent curb-appeal!
Pet FriendlySale!10years warranty28mmPet SafeUVStabilised
Pet 28 – 28mmIn Stock
RRP £34.99/M2 (inc Vat)Now £23.04/M2 (inc Vat)View Product
Accessories & Fitting
ZeoZorb 25Kg BagIn Stock£51.24 – £930.00 (inc Vat)View Product
Accessories & Fitting
Nomow 5L Multi-Purpose CleanerIn Stock£15.99 – £54.99 (inc Vat)View Product
Schools & NurseriesSale!10years warranty32mmPet SafeUVStabilised
Pure Play – 32mmIn Stock
RRP £33.95/M2 (inc Vat)Now £23.43/M2 (inc Vat)View Product